Pages

24 cities in 2 months!


It's been a long trip. But a fun one! This past week with 3 SL and 3 GS EC was ok. I didn't make FIS points but I did some good runs and proved to myself that I can still be fast. Even though mostly I've been disappointed. A real positive thing is that I sort of found my slalom again. I did a good run in Kirchberg and with that I got into the top 30 in the EC, making the slaloms a hell of a lot easier than with number 80. But unfortunately I then straddled in Zuoz and Oberjoch. But I think the number is going to stay still for the later EC slaloms this seasons!

Slalom in Val d'Isere. Zoom Agence.
Okay, so I went through my calendar a bit. Was curios on how many places I've been in the last 2 months! On the 22.11.10 I left home, and on the 22.1.11 I came back!

Helsinki - London - Denver - Silverthorne - Loveland - Aspen - Vail - Beaver Creek - Denver - London - Zurich - Val di'Sere - St.Vigilio - Alta Badia - Munchen - Istanbul - Dubai - Istanbul - Munchen - Kranjska Gora - Tarvisio - Kranjska Gora - Petzen - Tarvisio - Innerkrems - Zurich - Adelboden - Innsbruck - Innerkrems - Kirchberg - Zuoz - Oberjoch - Munchen - Helsinki

Ville with the baggage at Denver Airport.
That's quickly counted about 20 different hotels I've spent the nights at, around 40 hours spent in an airplane and 77 hours spent driving around in an Audi. Plus of course the shorter trips everyday. That's a lot of traveling! Nice to go home and not have to live out of a suitcase for a week. I can also change to another pair of Puma's! Had the same casual ones for the whole trip.. :) But this is my work and I enjoy it, even though it doesn't go as planned every day. 

Nala, my sisters and her husbands dog!
So now I'm going to enjoy being at home, give my body and back a few days to get better and then focus on the gym this week! 

See ya!
Mare