Pages

Les 2 Alpes.



Bonjour from Les 2 Alpes! We have had a good start to the new season. In the valley the temperature goes up to over +25 celsius, luckily enough it has been frozen almost every day at the glacier so we manage to get a few quality hours on hard snow before it turns soft.

After every training I'm feeling more confident and excited about my new equipment. There's a lot of work of course at the beginning. Starting off with fitting boots and finding out what kind of setup that works for me since I've never used Nordica boots before. For example; testing lifters, spoilers, footboards, angles etc... Then concentrating on plates and skis to find the best combo for my style. Details can make a huge difference and is of course also a key to skiing faster and more confident down the course. And of course at the same time fine tuning the technique after the summer break. In other words, there's still a lot to do before Sölden and still probably lots even before Beaver Creek. Interesting and motivated days on the slope!


GS has been the main focus as always and will definitely continue to be. Today though, slalom was again on the program after a one year long break again. It didn't feel catastrophically bad even though my technician said I looked a little rusty, I might actually do some more…. or at least train more. Just to keep me sane and not overload on GS. That's also why tomorrow it's time for Super-G.


On Friday we fly back home. We have roughly 6 weeks time to fully concentrate on physical training and enjoy summer before we fly to Ushuaia in the beginning of September. To be on skis at this time is great, but I still need some summertime before I can say I'm mentally ready for another intense season.


Mare